• Home
  • Sewing
  • Baking
  • DIY
  • Contact Me
  • Press

    Thursday, October 18, 2012

    Bring to life Neoballet's logo


    Some weeks ago I’ve been asked to sew a special “guy” for some very special people.





    A Heartcore follower red the lifo’s post and brought me in contact with the director of NeoBallet. (You can also read her interview for guardians here)





    But what is NeoBallet and which is their target?

    “An exciting new London based company with worldwide reaches, NeoBallet aims to update the concept of the neo-classical form of dance imprinting itself into the performing arts followers minds and bring it to a wider audience. Featuring the talents of highly technical dancers, designers, musicians and creatives from a diverse variety of backgrounds, and vast performance experience, NeoBallet is here!”





    let’s go back to the project
    As you can see, in the NeoBallet logo, there is a fluffy little monster, so my mission was to bring it to life!






    I decided to use flokati and felt for this project.
    I didn’t find blue flokati so I bought this bright blue-green piece



     I dyed it by boiling it in vinegar, dying and water

    Then I washed it and the color came out just perfect! Oh, what a relive…


     
    I cut down some piece of black and white felt for the details and I made a pattern. I decided to hand sew our little friend, after 3 broken needles… My singer sewing machine couldn’t take it… Poor singer…




    And here's its back




    Today I packaged it and sent it. I’m so glad that NeoBallet gave Heartcore the opportunity to support some great artists by make them this gift.


    Maria Clara Irisarri & Neo for guestlist.net 




    NeoBallet will be perfoming Life! at 8:00 p.m on November 5th and 6th 2012 at The Place Theatre, 17 Duke’s Road, London WC1H 9PY.
    You can book your tickets here
    or win one here




    If you like this post please share it with your friends, I will appreciate it

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...